A growing Utah-based precision manufacturing & engineering company is looking for an experienced Weekend CNC Machinist / Set-Up Machinist who will support the manufacturing & engineering departments.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years machinists experience, a certificate or equivalent skill level, a good working knowledge of GD&T, proficiency with CAD/CAM systems, and most importantly be passionate about manufacturing. Experience in aerospace manufacturing is a plus.A deep sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, and good listening skills are essential.
Benefits of the Weekend CNC Machinist / CNC Set-Up Machinist position include:
- Starting Wage: $20.00 – $28.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: Friday – Sunday 5:00am – 5:30pm
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract” position.
- Full Benefits that include profit sharing plan, health insurance, [aid time off & holidays and 401(k) plan.
- Employer based certification training available.
Responsibilities for the Weekend CNC Machinist / CNC Set-Up Machinist position include:
- Set-up & run CNC machines, both mills & lathes, to produce precision products:
- Monitor machine performance and take appropriate countermeasures.
- Measure & record part features
- Change worn tools
- Make appropriate machine offsets.
- Load & unload parts.
Qualifications for Weekend CNC Machinist / CNC Set-Up Machinist position include:
- A minimum of 5 years of CNC machining experience that includes set-up of machines. Both mill & lathe experience is preferred.
- Proficient understanding of GD&T is required. Previous programing or editing at a controller is required. CADCAM programing experience is preferred.
- High level understanding of blueprints & symbols.
- Proficiency with manual measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers are required.
- Previous ISO 9001 experience is preferred along with aerospace manufacturing experience.