Currently seeking a Welder/Shop Helper for a local Salt Lake metal fabrication company that specializes in custom high-end fabrication and works on different projects.
We are looking for a positive, self-motivated Welder Shop Helper who can easily adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
A qualified applicant for this position will have grinding & sanding experience working with various metals or be someone looking to get into metal fabrication.
Benefits of the Welder/ Shop Helper include:
- Monday-Friday (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as 401K
Details of the Welder/ Shop Helper include:
- Grinding & Sanding fabricated parts.
- Cleaning of shop to make for a safe work area.
- Other general shop duties required by the manager.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented environment.
- Will be assisting welders in the installation custom work.
Requirements for the Welder/shop Helper position include:
- Previous metal grinding/shop helper experience preferred but willing to train someone looking to get into metal fabrication.
- Experience reading blueprints & work orders a plus.
- Laser cutter, sheer or other metal fabrication shop machine experience a plus. Also, experience with handheld power tools such as grinders & sanders is preferred.
- Experience using a wide variety of hand tools both power & manual.
- Steady work history.
- Must be trainable and have a great attitude.