Immediate need for an experienced Field Service Mechanic / Equipment Tech. The Field Service Mechanic will perform maintenance and repair of complex electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on primarily construction & excavation equipment while using a high degree of independent judgment and troubleshooting.
The Field Service Mechanic / Equipment Tech is responsible for local in the field travel to project sites to troubleshoot, repair, & service equipment.
Benefits of the Field Service Mechanic / Equipment Tech position include:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5:00pm but starting time hours are flexible
- Starting Wage: $30.00 – $34.00 an hour DOE
- Full benefits offered including health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time off.
- Company service truck provided.
Responsibilities of the Field Service Mechanic / Equipment Tech include position:
- Accurately troubleshoots & repairs heavy duty & other construction equipment in the field
- Reads, understands, and applies electrical and hydraulic schematics to repair work
- Removes, repairs, and installs major components in varying configurations of equipment
- Makes determinations in the field on warranty repair and guidelines, communicating decisions to customer and dispatcher
- Maintains service vehicle in safe and good repair
Requirements for the Field Service Mechanic / Equipment Tech position include:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining heavy duty equipment, rental equipment, semi-trucks & trailers. Preferably equipment with new and/or complex electrical systems
- Prefer 2 or more years’ experience in a field service position.
- Valid Utah Class A CDL driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Valid DOT medical card is also required.
- Advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Extensive experience working on electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must own your own based on your experience level.
- Troubleshooting, active listening, and problem-solving skills.