Currently seeking an experienced Press Brake Operator for a local company that fabricates structural steel, plate, light gauge sheet metal and miscellaneous items. They specialize in custom fabrication and work on projects for different companies.
A qualified applicant for this Press Break operator position will have 2+ years’ experience working with various metals and press brake machines. Experience using mechanical and hydraulic press brake machines is preferred.
- Starting salary for this position is $16.00 – $22.00 an hour DOE
- Shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Excellent benefits that include health & dental insurance, 401k, annual bonus, and paid time off.
- Team-oriented work environment
Details of the Press Brake Operator position:
- Ability to safely and efficiently use mechanical & hydraulic press brake machines.
- Check equipment processing programs against work orders, drawings and pick tickets.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tooling required for each job and part.
- Setup, operate and position all pieces into the machine to match customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of flat pattern layout.
- Check parts against calibrated devices to ensure the accuracy of bends.
- Load and operate the machine.
- Check quality against job specifications and report any deviation to the supervisor.
- Open to learning additional machinery and shop equipment.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented environment.
Requirements for the Press Brake Operator:
- 2+ years’ experience with mechanical & hydraulic press brake machines.
- 2+ years’ experience reading blueprints and cut sheets..
- Experience using a wide variety of hand and power tools and related shop equipment such as saws, shears, and grinders to reduce and prepare metals.
- Steady work history.